Chinese Culinary Culture

Amy Z

Hi Andrea, I love Flavorful Origins too! They are now a team that produces a variety of high quality food documentaries that are very popular in China, but unfortunately not all of them are available in English overseas. I also recommend this book: https://www.amazon.com/Sharks-Fin-Sichuan-Pepper-Sweet-Sour/dp/0393332888. I think this as close as it can get for a non-Chinese to understand Chinese food. The author is a good friend of the producer of Flavorful Origins. I think she appeared in one of his documentaries!

Also, I am new to this community. I am not an ambassador, or a business owner. I am just someone who constantly read and watch about food and food history.  How can I contribute? Obviously I know more about Chinese cuisine than i do with other cuisine. Would is it that you (or people you know) most want to know about Chinese food? I am happy to write about anything people are interested in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again @Amy Z! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out soon.

Anything and everything is welcome! Any interesting articles, news, or just thoughts and conversation starters are great things to post. You can also create polls if that's something you're interested in, and might even be a good way to see what other people would like for you to share! 

The best part of this community is that many of us are people who are simply passionate about food, food history, travel, culture, and so many other interesting topics.

Also as you may have noticed, I moved the conversation to our Culinary Culture group so we can continue this topic here ☺️