Serving Memorable Dining Experiences
Foodservice experiences are arguably the single most important part of a holiday/vacation for food- and beverage-loving travelers. New places, new dishes, new cooking techniques, new ingredients – we food lovers love to make these discoveries while traveling. But we make these discoveries not just in restaurants, but in cafes, bars, cocktail lounges, food trucks/carts, takeaways, hawker centers, food events, bakeries, ice cream stores, candy stores, winery/brewery tasting rooms, and elsewhere. And sometimes we visit an experience (e.g. a winery or brewery) only to discover that food is also served there.
Every meal served is a chance to make a memory for a food-loving traveler. Understanding how food-lovers experience food when traveling will help you as a chef or foodservice professional, to understand better how to please your customers – not just visitors, but locals too.
This Masterclass is suitable for anyone working in or interested in any aspect of serving food and beverages. This includes restaurants, cafes, bars, lounges, pubs, takeaways, food carts and trucks, caterers, tasting rooms, cruises, resorts, spas, hotels, and airlines.
There are no specific prerequisites to enroll in this Masterclass, other than a good working knowledge of English to be able to listen to the video training. English-language subtitles are included.
- Understand the role of foodservice professionals in food tourism
- Understand how food-loving consumers are evolving
- Learn how and why dining is evolving
- Learn what menu messaging is and how it can help you to sell more
- Learn how to create sellable foodservice products for visitors
- Understand how to accommodate special diets, cultural differences & new trends from travelers
- Hope to cope as a foodservice professional in a post-pandemic world
- 2 total training videos (total video time 90 minutes, English language video recordings with closed caption English-language subtitles)
- 2 knowledge quizzes (one after each video)
- Bonus section with two additional foodservice-related videos
- Online support. Access support quickly through your admin panel.
- Total learning time for a native English speaker is about 2.5 hours (add a little more based on your level of comfort with English)
- Once enrolled, you’ll have 45 calendar days to complete the Masterclass. Extensions can be purchased for €50 per 30-day extension, up to 150 additional days.
WHAT YOU GET AFTER COURSE COMPLETION (BENEFITS)
- 1 credit hour
- Completion certificate
- Differentiate yourself from your competition
- Get the recognition you deserve
- Understand better your target market(s)
- Understand how to meet the needs of visitors and locals alike
- Opportunity to make more sales and increase customer satisfaction
- Get inspiration to innovate