Today we are pleased to announce that we support Tourism Declares and their work on the climate emergency. Specifically, we are supporting their work on the Glasgow Declaration on Climate Action in Tourism.
We declare our shared commitment to unite all stakeholders in transforming tourism to deliver effective climate action.
We support the global commitment to halve emissions by 2030 and reach Net Zero as soon as possible before 2050.
We will consistently align our actions with the latest scientific recommendations, so as to ensure our approach remains consistent with a rise of no more than 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels by 2100.
As a signatory, we commit to:
- Deliver a climate action plan within 12 month of signing.
- Report publicly both progress against interim and long-term targets, as well as the actions being taken, at least annually.
- Align our plan with five shared pathways (measure, decarbonise, regenerate, collaborate, finance) to ensure climate action is consistent across all of tourism.
- Share information on activities connected to Tourism Declares and/or the Glasgow Declaration among contacts and networks.
- Work in a collaborative and constructive spirit with other members of Tourism Declares and/or signatories of the Glasgow Declaration.
Please visit the organizations above for more information, or write us to let us know how you would be interested in supporting our work in sustainable and responsible tourism.